If you work in the medical field, or are studying to be a healthcare professional, our Medical English course should benefit you. This course is designed to help you improve your English language skills in a wide variety of medical contexts. Many students taking this course go on to prepare for the Occupational English Test (OET).
Working in the medical field, you will need to interact with a variety of people, such as patients, families and colleagues and in a variety of contexts, such as explaining conditions, reassuring and delivering results.
Class activities are based around real case scenarios that you will have to deal with in your professional life. They are designed to help you learn English by giving you the skills, experience and confidence needed to succeed.
Who is this course for?
The course is for healthcare professionals or university students who would like to improve their English and medical knowledge. It is also suitable for professionals who wish to take the OET in future. Your level must be B1+ before you can join the course.
|Medical English Mornings|
|9-12.15 (break 10.45-11.00)|
3 taught hours per day, 5 days a week
|Medical English Afternoons|
|13.00-15.00 (break 14.00-14.05)|
2 taught hours per day, 5 days a week
If you could like to do private Medical English lessons, please click here.
- To gain confidence and learn how to communicate accurately and clearly in a variety of medical contexts
- To learn and practise functional language such as reassuring, delivering news and explaining the side effects of medicine
- To develop listening skills to help you understand and respond to real-life situations
- To increase the vocabulary of your chosen medical profession
- To develop reading and writing skills such as skim reading and writing discharge and referral letters
- To learn self-study techniques to help you study independently outside the classroom
- A needs analysis so that your teacher knows exactly what you want and need from the course
- All materials
- Mini mock role-plays with feedback
- A certificate of completion
- Progress tests and a progress report
|Course||Hours per weeks||1-2 weeks|
|Medical English mornings||15||£250|
|Medical English afternoons||15||£250|