Our General English Intensive course is a full-time course for students who would like to learn English in the morning and afternoon. Students on our General English Intensive course study every day in the morning, and on three afternoons every week, for a total of 22 hours of study per week.
We teach all levels including beginner English, advanced English and proficiency.
Our General English classes are based on the communicative approach. This means there is a strong focus on speaking and listening skills, as well as reading, writing, pronunciation, grammar and vocabulary.
Because the classes are learner-centred, you are given the opportunity to practise everything related to language with students from all over the world. Our Academic Team select relevant and interesting coursebooks that change each term (12 or 13 weeks for full-time courses and 25 weeks for part-time courses) to ensure you receive a variety of language input.
|General English Intensive|
|09.00- 12.15 (break 10.45-11.00)||
|12.45- 15.15 (break 14.00-14.10)||
22 taught hours per week
- To improve and develop your speaking fluency, accuracy and pronunciation
- To practise listening skills to help you understand and respond to real-life situations
- Increase your vocabulary in a wide range of topics such as holidays, sport, technology, nature, food and drink and transport
- Improve, develop and practise English grammar and gain confidence when using it in writing and in speaking
- Develop reading skills including skim reading and reading for detail
- Learn writing techniques for a range of formal and informal situations
- Learn self-study techniques to help you study independently outside the classroom
- Regular progress tests and progress reports
- Combo books (coursebook and workbook) for an additional reduced fee of £25 each. These books will be used daily in your classes, and each of them will be used for around 6 weeks for the morning part, and 12-13 weeks for the afternoon part of your course.
- You can attend Thursday conversation class for a discounted fee