Our General English + IELTS course is for students who need to improve their English level and take an IELTS exam at the end of their course, for example to study in higher education.
Students on our General English + IELTS course study General English every day in the morning, and prepare for the IELTS exam on three afternoons every week, for a total of 24 hours of study per week. It is a great course for students who want to achieve a certificate of English while living in London.
Our General English classes are based on the communicative approach. This means you learn English with a strong focus on speaking and listening skills, as well as reading, writing, pronunciation, grammar and vocabulary. In the IELTS lessons, we fully prepare you for the IELTS exam so that you can achieve your target score. Our teachers design the classes to provide you with the essential preparation and practice you need to succeed, with exam strategies and techniques to help you pass each part of the test.
|General English + IELTS|
|09.00- 12.00 (15-min break)||
|12.45- 16.00 (15-min break)||
24 hours per week
- Increase your vocabulary in a wide range of everyday and academic topics
- Improve, develop and practise English grammar and gain confidence when using it in writing and in speaking
- Learn self-study techniques to help you study independently outside the classroom
- To learn and use listening techniques such as note-taking and listening comprehension, and to practise listening skills to help you understand and respond to real-life situations
- Develop reading skills and techniques for the exam including skimming and scanning texts at high speed, reading for detail, and reading for gist
- To develop writing strategies such as critical analysis, evaluation and giving opinion
- To improve and develop your speaking fluency, accuracy, pronunciation and confidence to succeed in the IELTS exam
- Regular progress tests and progress reports
- Combo books (coursebook and workbook) for an additional reduced fee of £25 each. These books will be used daily in your morning classes, and each of them will be used for around 6 weeks.
- All materials for the IELTS component of your course
- You can attend Thursday conversation class for a discounted fee
- Regular test practice that reflects the real-life exam atmosphere