Registering for a course at WLES is an easy process and can be done either in person at the school or by contacting us through the website or email. Whichever way you choose, you can rely on our help with ensuring that you have chosen the right course and that all your questions are answered.
To secure yourself a place on a course, you should:
- provide us with your personal and contact details (including any immigration related documents if applicable);
- choose your course and tell us what you hope to achieve by completing this course (we call this a “Statement of Intent”. This information ensures that you have made the right choice and that the investment of your time, money and effort will be well spent);
- if applicable, provide us with any previous academic achievements and/or a confirmation of English language knowledge (or please take our Placement Test);
- if possible, come and have a trial lesson to meet the teachers, the other students and to see the quality of our classes;
- choose a starting date (any Monday for EFL);
- make a payment of course fees.
If you are from outside the EU, you will need a Student Visitor Visa, which allows you to study on an English course for up to 11 months. You should:
- choose your course and dates of study;
- complete the enrolment form and provide us with a copy of your passport;
- make payment for the required fees;
- send the booking confirmation letter we give you to your embassy, together with any other documents they request;
- provide us with a copy of your visa, once it has been issued.
If your visa request is refused, you will be entitled to a refund of your course fees, less an administration fee of £100.
This is a brief description of the whole process but we will guide you and keep in regular contact with you.
Please visit the https://www.gov.uk/study-visit-visa website for more information on studying in the UK.
If you have further questions at this stage please do not hesitate to contact us.
*The minimum enrolment age is 18.
Exam preparation courses do not include external examination fees (usually £100-£150).
Social programme fees (up to £30) are not included.
Full payment is required for all bookings. Payment plans are available on request for bookings of 12 weeks or more.
In the event of cancellation, the student will be entitled to a refund of any outstanding balance after an admin fee of £100 and any fees for lessons provided (as stated on our price lists) have been deducted. If a student cancels part of the way through the week, the full price for the week will be charged.