WHAT ARE THE ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS?
You are eligible to apply for a Short-term Study visa if you can prove that:
• You have been offered a place on a course in the UK at an accepted place of study
• You have enough money to support yourself without working or help from public funds, or that relatives and friends can support and house you
• You can pay for your return or onward journey
If you’re under 18 you must also:
• have made arrangements for your travel and stay in the UK
• have permission from your parents or guardian to study in the UK for the length of your stay
AN ACCEPTED PLACE OF STUDY
You must be accepted on a course with an education provider which is listed by an educational authority. West London English School is an educational institution accredited by the British Council; therefore you can apply for a place on an English course at West London English School to further your application for a Short-term Study Visa.
How long you can stay in the UK for:
• 6 months - for any short courses (including English language courses), or a short period of research if you’re 18 or over
• 11 months - if you’re 18 or over and taking an English language course
FOR ANY FURTHER INFORMATION ABOUT THE ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
YOU CAN CONTACT US ON INFO@WLES.NET OR +44 (0)20 3198 1888
VISA APPLICATION FEES
In order to apply for a Short-term Study visa you will need to pay:
• £89 for a 6 month visa
• £170 for an 11 month visa
WHEN YOU CAN APPLY AND HOW LONG IT TAKES
You can apply for a visa up to 3 months before your date of travel to the UK to start your course. The Home Office decision on your visa will be made within 3 weeks.
Check the guide processing times to find out how long getting a visa might take in the country you’re applying from.
Also, if you’re under 18 you will need further information; please contact our legal advisor to obtain legal advice regarding your application.
DOCUMENTS ABOUT YOUR COURSE
If you apply for an English course at West London English School, we will provide you with a letter of acceptance from an educational institution. This will be on official headed paper, stating the course name, duration and cost, including accommodation if you require any.
You may need to provide additional documents depending on your circumstances, e.g. evidence of your:
• financial sponsor’s occupation, income, savings or funds that will support your studies
• previous study and your academic certificates, references or transcripts
• English language qualifications, e.g. certificates or awards
• accommodation and travel plans
• When applying for a short-term study visa and booking a course at West London English School you can make a non-refundable deposit of £250 towards your course fees. However we strongly advise to pay the course fees in full as this makes the visa application case stronger.
For any further information about the Documents you must provide, and about your visa application
you can contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or call on +44(0)20 3198 1888